“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit” Romans 15:13.
I've been thinking about Joy. Yes we do have periods of joylessness.... but I have found when our situation is at its lowest, that is when we feel comfort and joy in Him. When we think too much about ourselves and our problems we cannot find joy... we cannot find joy by our own efforts.
We see people who one would think have 'everything' so joyless and unhappy, always chasing 'happiness', and yet so simply, we can have the greatest joy, as we have already mentioned and shared, when we recognise His hand, whether in nature or seeing that He has gone before us, or in our grateful heart to Him. The words DH and I have lived by..... right from the 'sermon' at our marriage at our request when asked, has been ...."In everything give thanks for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you"..I Thess 5:18.
I have been sharing about all the simple joys that have come my way in the past couple of weeks, mostly on A Tapestry of Life and my friends here have very kindly rejoiced with me. As far as I know we won't see family again until around Christmas time, so you will understand why this has been such a special time.
This week with DH ill, we have had a few days at home, and I am thankful and found joy in the simple time around the house and garden. We do usually have quite a hectic schedule some weeks with the concerts at Nursing homes, which I cancelled this week. He is much better today, but was not well enough, in my opinion, to go to tennis which he wanted to, as he has been resting in bed quite a bit, on a penicillin pescription, since we have been home, and he became quite angry with me. I had planned on going myself, then I stayed home. Half an hour later some friends arrived unexpectedly, on their way to an Expo on RV, Marine, 4X4 etc in the rural city about half an hour away, and invited us to go with them...... and just a little while ago DH was here asking if I'd had a good day, and indicating he was very pleased with the day, so God went before us, we had a lovely day with friends, all is well.
Now for a photo from my file - a favourite sunrise.
I nearly forgot Mr Linky.... smile.
Have a Blessed week.
Love and Hugs
Jan

